Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How to get onto AirG Chat rooms with a Cell phone emulator

P
0+
ros & Cons of using an emulator to get onto AirG Chat rooms


Okay I have to admit I'm getting older and more set in my ways. I did search for cell phone emulators or simulators as they are called sometimes. To tell you the truth I wasn't particularly impressed with any that I used.

The following emulators I tried and the pros and cons that I found using them. :-)

#1 Wapsilon Emulator

Directions to get onto the Wapsilon is as follows:
  1. Go onto your normal browser (Foxfire, Internet Explorer....Whatever browser you want to use really. Type in the web address http://wapsilon.com/
  2. Once you are on there, you will type in Airg.ca into the web addy part.
  3. Now just sign in like you would normally on your cell phone. :-)


This is what I'm using temporarialy. :-)


#2 Mini Opera Demo at http://www.opera.com/mini/demo/
Directions to get onto the Mini Opera demo is as follows:
  1. Go onto your normal browser (Foxfire, Internet Explorer....Whatever browser you want to use really. Type in the web address http://www.opera.com/mini/demo/
  2. Once you are on the demo, you will type in Airg.ca into the web addy part.
  3. Now just sign in like you would normally on your cell phone. :-)

Pros:
  • YES The simulators did get me to my normal AirG Chat rooms I love to frequent.
  • I had no trouble going from my private mail and back to the rooms I visited.
Con:
  • It was distracting to me not to have the blinking curser at the end of the sentence as I typed.
  • The emulator screen SUCKED :-s It was way too small for what I was used to being on normally. Yes you can use control and the + sign to make the screen larger.

#3
Directions to get onto the DotMobi mobile phone emulator is as follows:
Type in your .com / .net / .org / .biz, etc., site address and you can check how your site looks to a typical mobile phone user.
  1. Go Online. It doesn't matter what web browser you use for this procedure. So far it has worked on every browser i can think of.

  2. In order to access this mobile website, you must first find what is called an "online mobile website emulator". In your address bar, type in "http://mtld.mobi/emulator.php" Press Enter.
  3. Once you get to the emulator, to the right of the mobile phone, type "airg.ca" in the mini

    address bar. Submit. You must type it in EXACTLY as it says. Otherwise you will be denied access.

  4. IMPORTANT: If you are using Foxfire, you should NOT spoof as KEEP OUT but should use one of the other spoofs instead.
Pros:
  • YES The simulators did get me to my normal AirG Chat rooms I love to frequent.
  • I had no trouble going from my private mail and back to the rooms I visited.

Cons:
  • It was distracting to me not to have the blinking curser at the end of the sentence as I typed.
  • The emulator screen SUCKED :-s It was way too small for what I was used to being on normally. Yes you can use control and the + sign to make the screen larger.
  • Null is the only thing you can type if you are in the KEEP OUT Spoof mode.
  • Even in other spoof modes, you have to erase the Null to be able to type your responses in room and in your private mail also.

Shrugs I would rather use my "normal" way of getting onto AirG that I describe in my first article but since it was brought up I figured I would let YOU decide which is the best way for YOU to get onto AirG Chat from the computer.

These are only 2 of the available emulators, you can simply Googgle emulator or cell phone simulator to find more that might be more helpful for you to use.

I'll just stick to the way I KNOW will work for me. :-)




3 comments:

  1. these were all buggy to use, but i found something that looks to be promising.

    do a search for WinWap SmartPhone Browswer Emulator 1.2

    it is Freeware. i haven't tested it completely, but i did download it and will try it out.

    missylulu72@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @celz http://www.wapsilon.com/ and im using it right now it works very easy and u do not have to download it

    Try Msn.mobile.airg.ca or just airg.ca :-)

    Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete

The author of this blog will review all comments and can and will delete any objectionable material and/or spam. :-) Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. :-)